Friday, December 30, 2011


This is the OF  Roping National Champion for NAN 2010 in Lexington, KY.  This is a OOAK PS Performance Horse model, I just loved this guy, he did super in all his classes.  I sold him to a gal in Washington State.   The calf is the  Herden running calf.  As you can see my set up looks just like the documentation I have on display.  I think it is important to have good documentation, take time to find the one that is just right!


This calf roping set up I used in the NAN 2008 show in  Lexington , KY.   The CM Lady Phase is by Chris Nandell.  She did a wonderful job on this gal.  I sold her to Karen Holland in Florida.  My tack is correct, and the double rope shows that a calf roper can use two ropes if need be.  My documentation here shows the double rope on the breast collar.  The doll is a Breyer Junior boy.  I did him up in blue jeans, white shirt , real boots with spirs and a black hat.  The calf is a Herden calf.   Winning the Reserve National Champion was a great honor. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mentioned in your photo of the calf roper from the NAN 2008 show that calf ropers can ue 2 ropes if they wish. If you watch pro rodeos all the calf ropers (which they call tie down ropers now) use two ropes in case they miss with the first one. You can see some lassos on my website I have made.
Http://circle-a-stables.com

Art